Job Title: Administrative Assistant (HR & Payroll)
Job ID: 13916
Full/Part Time: Full Time
Basic Function: Responsible for providing HRIS and Benefits support to the PSC
Scope/Supervision: Works with employees, other department personnel, PSC Managers and the Regional Managers. Maintains open lines of communication, supports management directives and works to resolve employee issues. Escalates employee issues to appropriate management representative when necessary. Maintains documentation and records in compliance with stated rules and the law.
- Types correspondence and monthly reports for Plant Manager. Prints and distributes other necessary reports and documents.
- Investigates and responds to Benefits questions or issues in a timely manner.
- Perform filing duties according to record retention rules.
- Will perform hourly payroll processing.
- Maintains attendance records and awards, as well as other time off (i.e. vacation, leaves, FMLA).
- Types purchase orders and orders office supplies.
- Schedule interviews and prepare interview paperwork.
- Perform new hire orientation.
- Participates on the wellness committee.
- Front line contact for employee issues. Communicate issues to appropriate management representative when appropriate.
- Maintain appropriate documentation.
- Communicate and support company policies and procedures to employees and co-workers.
- Actively support the Corporate Win Strategy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Coordinate catering for visitors and other events.
- Make travel arrangements for management.
- Maintain office machines (i.e. copiers, fax machines, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, or equivalent experience
- Previous experience with Mainframe system, Email and PC data entry
- Previous clerical support experience, including data entry, payroll processing and Human Resources
- Good telephone skills and excellent computer skills
- Good organizational skills
- Must be detail orientated, innovative and produce a high quality product
- Must be self-motivated, go-getter and able to work independently
- Must be a good team player and understand providing support service to co-workers
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment and be flexible
- Must convey a professional image with a positive attitude
- Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Interpersonal Skills—the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Oral communication—the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts meetings.
- Written Communication—the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
For more information and to apply, please visit our website.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.