Mercy Iowa City is Hiring an HR Recruiter
Basic Job Function and Responsibilities:
To provide full life cycle recruitment and talent acquisition services to Mercy Hospital and Mercy Services. Recommends and implements a hospital recruitment strategy. Coordinates and performs a variety of employment-related activities related to interviewing, sourcing, and selection of prospective colleagues. Promotes and supports the Mercy Iowa City Mission, Vision and Values.
- Responsible for all aspects of the recruitment process for Mercy Hospital and Mercy Clinic applicants.
- Provides support in the development of relationships with schools, colleges and Universities to promote Mercy Iowa City employment opportunities. Attends job fairs and career days as available.
- Coordinates with Mercy leaders to develop job specific critical success factors and specific behavioral-based interview questions to assist in hiring the right person for the job and to ensure legal compliance is maintained.
- Seeks new approaches of recruitment to ensure quality applicants and employees and to ensure efficient/effective methods for recruitment. On an ongoing basis measures the effectiveness of the process and recommends and implements revisions as needed.
- Teaches staff effective, legal interviewing and selection approaches. Establishes written protocol for the recruitment process, empowering managers to take an active role in the process.
- Works with HR Business Partners and Hiring Managers and relays information to ensure timely processing of post-offer pre-employment screens and transfer into HRIS system.
- Maintains compliance with The Joint Commission (TJC) related to qualifications and verifications before hire.
- Act as liaison with area employment agencies, preparation and liaison with advertising agencies, processing and checking advertising agency billings and liaison with temporary agencies.
- Develops a relationship with local supported employment agencies and works to broaden hiring of supported employment applicants.
- Serves on Human Resources and talent related committees, as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree – Required.
At least 1 year of human resources or recruitment experience – Required.
Highly effective communication and interpersonal skills – Required.
Healthcare experience – Preferred.
PHR – Preferred.
To apply: http://www.mercyiowacity.org/careers