Leepfrog Technologies, Inc. is an ed-tech company that develops and supports one of the leading curricular management software platforms in the market. Over 450 of the nation’s most academically complex colleges and universities use CourseLeaf to manage their academic catalogs, curriculum, section scheduling, registration, and syllabi.
The Talent Acquisition Specialist will research, develop, and implement effective recruiting and staffing strategies to attract a diverse pool of qualified and capable talent for the organization. Identify, recruit, screen, and present good candidates for positions, collaborating with hiring managers.
- Strategize, develop, facilitate, and implement all phases of the recruitment process.
- Lead efforts to identify and facilitate the understanding of Leepfrog competencies and skills.
- Work and form relationships with internal managers to know the ins-and-outs of their departments and better understand their hiring needs and job specifications.
- Perform job and task analysis to document job requirements and objectives.
- Identify and draft detailed and accurate job descriptions and hiring criteria.
- Identify and implement efficient and effective recruiting methods and strategies based on the available role, industry standards, and the needs of the organization.
- Complete salary research as requested by the Human Resources Manager.
- Manage job posting and advertisement processes. This includes posting in the HRIS, social media, or other websites/job boards.
- Actively source qualified candidates, maintain a database of these candidates, including active and passive prospects, and past employees.
- Review resumes, phone screen applicants, vet potential employees’ credentials, and select qualified candidates to move forward in the process.
- Schedule interviews; oversee preparation of interview question and other hiring and selection materials.
- Ensure hiring teams understand how to conduct interviews in a consistent, lawful, and respectful manner.
- Attend and conduct interviews with supervisors, managers, directors, and other stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the hiring manager, IT staff, and/or other human resource staff during the offer process, recommending salary ranges, incentives, start dates, and other pertinent details.
- Conduct salary negotiations with final candidates.
- Write offer letters.
- Promote Leepfrog’s reputation and attractiveness as a good employer, create and maintain a presence in the community and marketplace.
- Attend and participate in job fairs and recruiting events.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and company policies.
- Conduct exit interviews on terminating employees, track the results, and present quarterly trends.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with good negotiation tactics.
- Thorough understanding of technology, technical roles and technical skills.
- Ability to create and implement sourcing strategies for recruitment for a variety of roles.
- Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative and solve problems.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Discretion – have the ability to deal with confidential information.
- Familiarity with laws, regulations, and best practices applicable to hiring and recruitment.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn applicant-tracking software or other recruitment systems.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field, or equivalent work experience, required.
- At least five years of related recruiting experience required, with prior experience in recruiting technical roles a plus.
- Demonstrable experience developing and implementing a recruitment plan.
- PHR or SHRM-CP preferred.
- Must have a valid drivers license.
Generally, the Talent Acquisition Specialist position is considered sedentary. The Talent Acquisition Specialist will be sitting and using office equipment, phones, and computers. However, there will be times where the incumbent will need to stand for 4 hours at a time. The Talent Acquisition Specialist may travel up to 10% of the time. As part of the travel required, they should occasionally be able to lift up to 25 pounds.