EASTERN IOWA HUMAN RESOURCE ASSOCIATION
The EIHRA website accepts advertisements for HR openings for a nominal fee of $100/opening. To advertise, send an E-mail, include your name, company name, billing address, and information about the opening.
The position will remain posted for 30 days and will automatically be included in the next issue of the Eye on EIHRA Newsletter. To close the position before the 30 days expires, e-mail the website to make the request.
Two Opportunities at Mercy
Manager, Benefits and Compensation with Mercy Medical Center, Cedar Rapids
Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment, yet long for a warm and welcoming culture at work?
You’ll find them both at Mercy! In this role, you’ll deliver hands-on benefits and compensation services to lead the development, implementation and administration of compensation and benefits programs.
- Manages all benefit programs to include, but not limited to medical, dental and vision insurance, flexible spending and health saving accounts, life and short/long-term disability programs and retirement plans.
- Administer benefits open enrollment, ongoing new employee enrollment and all changes to benefit plans utilizing a HRIS; presents benefits information during employee orientation.
- Reviews all plan documents and Summary Plan Descriptions and submits ACA and 5500 filings accurately and timely.
- Oversees the compensation and performance-management programs, including performance evaluations, job descriptions, pay grades, general/market increases and incentive pay programs.
- Develops communication and prepare analyses, reports, and presentations in support of benefit and compensation programs.
Be a vital member of our supportive, hard-working team of HR professionals while managing the ongoing rewards strategy to attract, motivate, retain and reward high quality and diverse talent.
Applicants should have a minimum of five years of increased responsibility in benefits and compensation experience; three years supervisory experience and Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or related field.
Apply now! (exp 7/21/21)
Human Resources Coordinator with Mercy Medical Center, Cedar Rapids
Mercy is looking for a full-time Human Resources Coordinator to join our supportive, caring and talented HR team.
- Uses a HRIS to organize, maintain and update employee status changes such as promotion, job title, pay rate, benefit enrollment and terminations
- Supports Talent Acquisition team by completing pre-employment licensure, certification and training verifications and background checks
- Reviews employment documentation in accordance with employment, accreditation and regulatory requirements
- Assists with new employee orientation
- Provides reception coverage at the HR front desk
Previous Human Resources experience is preferred. (exp 8/8/21)
Learn more about:
- Life at Mercy: https://www.mercycare.org/employment/life-at-mercy/
- Check out Mercy on Facebook: https://business.facebook.com/MercyCedarRapids
Part-time Business Management Lecturer, Cornell College, Mt. Vernon, IA
The Cornell College Department of Economics and Business invites applications for a part-time position teaching courses in management starting fall 2021. The part-time teaching load is two courses. We are looking for a colleague who is passionate about undergraduate teaching and eager to guide students towards careers in business management. Candidates will be expected to teach human capital management (Block 4- November 15 December 15, 2021) and strategic management. (Block 6- February 7 March 2, 2022.) While classes will be conducted predominantly in-person, candidates with hybrid or on-line teaching experience are encouraged to apply. Candidates with a master’s degree (or higher) and human resource leadership experience will be considered.
Cornell courses are taught on a One-Course-At-A-Time schedule, in which faculty members teach and students take one course at a time, meeting daily, M-F, for three and a half week terms. Teaching hours: 9-12 or 12-3 daily.
Because Cornell College values diversity and strives to create a welcoming community in which all individuals are respected and included, the entire campus community is called upon to engage in dialogue around issues of difference, identity, and ideology. The College is committed to fostering a faculty and staff community that reflects our diverse student body. We encourage applications from candidates who share our vision for a campus that embraces differing backgrounds, viewpoints, and identities, and who will excel at working with students who are broadly diverse. (See our diversity statement here.)
About Cornell College
Academic immersion, real world experience requirements through Ingenuity in Action, 19 division III NCAA athletic teams, and unparalleled flexibility attract an ambitious student body from 45 states and 13 foreign countries to Cornell. External endorsements include selection as one of the original Colleges That Change Lives, a U.S. News Top 100 liberal arts college, a Kiplinger’s best value in liberal arts colleges, and one of only 290 U.S. colleges with a chapter of Phi Beta Kappa. Founded in 1853, Cornell’s picturesque hilltop campus contains a mix of historic and modern facilities, ranging from the majestic King Chapel to the newly constructed Russell Science Center. Mount Vernon, Iowa, is an urban fringe community recognized by Frommer’s as one of “America’s Coolest Small Towns” and located in the heart of the ICR Iowa region.
To apply, click HERE