EASTERN IOWA HUMAN RESOURCE ASSOCIATION
The EIHRA website accepts advertisements for HR openings for a nominal fee of $100/opening. To advertise, send an E-mail, include your name, company name, billing address, and information about the opening.
The position will remain posted for 30 days and will automatically be included in the next issue of the Eye on EIHRA Newsletter. To close the position before the 30 days expires, e-mail the website to make the request.
Company – CRST International, Inc.
Location – Cedar Rapids, IA
Title – Human Resources Business Partner
The HR Business Partner/Generalist supports multiple CRST operating companies providing HR support for employees and management. Required to solidly establish themselves as an influencer to challenge the business and employees to think differently. Seen as a change agent and expected to challenge the status quo. The HR Business Partner will provide HR services in the form of organizational effectiveness, employee relations, and internal investigation support. Expected to be proficient in HR data analysis and responsible for performing root causes analysis and partnering with the business to implement and measure proactive HR solutions. This role will have a strong alignment with the business leaders to help improve employee engagement, turnover, and meet future business challenges. Develops and delivers HR training as needed.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Responsible for the HR Function in totality for their assigned Operating Company or Functional Area.
- Takes a lead position with other HR Professionals to ensure issues get routed and handled appropriately and timely for their customers.
- Understands and articulates business needs and translates them into HR solutions, strategies and tactics.
- Oversees implementation of Company Policies and Procedures for their assigned Op Co or Functional Area.
- Coach Leaders on the proper application of progressive discipline and performance management.
- Works with Talent Management to ensure employees have the necessary skills to perform their current job duties as well as future organizational requirements.
- Takes a lead role with other HR professionals to support organizational restructuring, talent management, and succession planning.
- Conduct internal investigations in response to employee allegations of discrimination or mistreatment based upon legally protected characteristics.
- Provide direction and guidance to managers regarding resolution of management and employee issues.
- Established influencer within the business to ensure value-added HR decisions are made.
- Intake issues from drivers, office staff, and management concerning sensitive matters requiring the use of diplomatic and professional interpersonal skills and routing as necessary.
- Work with team leaders to implement actions to address employee concerns such as morale, turnover, and employee engagement.
- Use data driven decisions through root cause analysis to identify actions that positively impact the business from an employee engagement perspective.
- Implement solutions for process improvements and enhancements.
- Perform administrative duties as required such as tracking all activity in the case management database and running metrics and reporting.
- May handle activities tied to Compliance, Exit Surveys, Subpoena Requests, and assorted other HR and administrative duties.
Skills & Qualifications
- 5 or more years of relevant work experience within Human Resources
- 2-3 years experience within HR Generalist work structure
- Experience working within a large, complicated organization in multiple locations
- Critical/structured thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong project management skills
- Active listening skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- SHRM- CP is highly preferred
- Proven HR experience in compliance laws, employee relations, and performance management
CRST is an EOE
Position: HR Services Consultant
Reports To: Director of Claims & Risk Solutions
FLSA Status: Exempt
Work Location: Cedar Rapids office, with some flexibility to work from home
The Accel Group is currently seeking a part-time Human Resources professional to provide HR services to business clients of the agency. With offices in Cedar Falls, Cedar Rapids, Coralville, Waverly, and West Des Moines, The Accel Group is one of Iowa’s largest independent insurance agencies. We have a strong history of over 90 years in the business, and we pride ourselves on providing customized solutions to individuals and businesses across the state. Our dedicated team offers a professional approach and personal touch to meet each customer’s unique needs. Products and services include Personal Insurance, Business Insurance, Risk Management, Employee Benefits, AgriBusiness Solutions, and Wealth Management Services. Please visit www.acceladvantage.com to learn more.
- Assists clients with the review and development of human resource documents, which may include employee handbooks, job descriptions, employment applications, etc.
- Answers client questions and provides guidance on compliance, policy interpretation, benefit policies, plan documents, etc.
- Provides education and training sessions or programs for clients as needed.
- Educates clients on the use of the agency’s online portal and the resources available to assist with their human resources needs.
- Assists in the development of goals and objectives for human resource services of the agency.
- Maintains knowledge of employment laws and regulations and interprets how they affect the human resources function.
- Keeps informed of industry developments through the regular review of appropriate trade publications and by attending appropriate trainings or conferences.
- Accurately documents client service issues, conversations, meetings, and phone calls to ensure proper compliance and documentation requirements are met. This is completed in a timely manner to ensure client records are accurate and up to date at all times.
- Must possess a bachelor’s degree in business administration, human resources, or other-related field required, or have an equivalent level of experience.
- Must have previous human resources experience, specifically in designing, developing, and implementing human resource policies and programs.
- Human Resources certification (PHR or SHRM-CP) is preferred.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and possess the ability to establish and maintain positive customer relationships.
- Must possess the ability to organize and prioritize a variety of projects and tasks in an effective and timely manner.
- Must be able to communicate effectively using both written and oral methods.
- Must possess strong computer skills, including agency management systems, Microsoft applications and the Internet.
- Must possess the ability to utilize basic office equipment, such as a computer, telephone, printer, copier, and fax machine.
- Primarily required to sit, with occasional standing and walking.
- Regularly uses hands and fingers to operate basic office equipment, including computer, telephone, printer, copier, and fax machine.
- Regularly communicates with clients and coworkers through speaking and listening.
- Requires close vision and the ability to adjust focus; also requires some distant vision.
- Primarily works in a controlled office environment with limited exposure to variable temperatures, lighting, noises, smells, etc.
Qualified candidates may send a cover letter and resume to:
Tina Miller, PHR, SHRM-CP
Director of Human Resources