EASTERN IOWA HUMAN RESOURCE ASSOCIATION
The EIHRA website accepts advertisements for HR openings for a nominal fee of $50/opening. To advertise, send an E-mail, include your name, company name, billing address, and information about the opening.
The position will remain posted for 30 days and will automatically be included in the next issue of the Eye on EIHRA Newsletter. To close the position before the 30 days expires, e-mail the website to make the request.
Human Resources Administrator, Coralville
Job Title:Human Resources Administrator
2451 Oakdale Boulevard
Coralville, IA, 52241
Employee Type:Full Time
Minimum Experience:2 Years
Leepfrog Technologies, Inc. provides its CourseLeaf software to more than 370 of the nation’s most academically complex colleges and universities to manage their academic catalogs, curriculum, section scheduling, registration, and syllabi management.
The Human Resources (HR) Administrator supports the HR Manager with their day-to-day activities and special project(s) as well as performing HR-related duties in support of Leepfrog staff. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: HRIS, benefits administration, employee relations, on-boarding/training, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, and payroll.
- Maintain outstanding customer service for Leepfrog employees by responding timely, thoughtfully, and accurately to employee-submitted questions. Follow-up with employees as needed.
- Use discretion to ensure employee satisfaction and trust. Maintain employee confidence and protect corporate operations by keeping human resource information confidential.
- Accurately maintain HR files.
- Complete payroll preparation and submittal.
- Perform benefits administration, which includes but is not limited to: enrollment, benefit changes, general benefit questions, claim questions and resolutions, and COBRA.
- Manage and administer the FMLA process.
- Conduct recruitment efforts; write and place advertisements as requested, attend career fairs, screen resumes, schedule and conduct interviews, and inform job applicants of their acceptance or rejection of employment.
- Ensure pre-employment checklist is completed.
- Welcome new employees, conduct HR on-boarding.
- Assist in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures.
- Evaluate HR administrative processes and make recommendations. Amend and revise process documentation to adapt to culture changes or legislative regulations.
- Maintain and update the internal and external websites as needed.
- Schedule and participate in administrative staff meetings. Prepare agendas, reports, presentations, proposals, correspondence, and meeting notes as requested.
- Assign performance evaluations to staff based on prescribed schedule from management team, then ensure timelines/goals are met.
- Manage the internship program.
- Conduct exit interviews.
- Verify employment, following Leepfrog’s policy.
- Promote a high level of employee morale and motivation.
- Maintain company organizational chart and the employee directory.
- Adhere to prescribed deadlines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication: able to clearly convey ideas across a wide range of internal and external audiences in a clear, concise, and professional manner.
- Planning/Organization: an ability to think ahead/be proactive, prioritize, and plan.
- Problem-solve: able to analyze situations quickly and react appropriately in a changing environment; approach problems in a consultative manner. Be resourceful.
- Interpersonal Skills: maintain confidentiality, remain open to others’ ideas and exhibit a willingness to try new things; possess a global and cultural awareness.
- Social Perceptiveness: must be aware of others’ reactions and understand why they react as they do. Be approachable and people-savvy.
- Flexibility: the ability to shift focus and prioritize based on daily priorities.
- Strong work ethic: a self-starter with strong initiative, reliability, and ethical fortitude. Be eager to learn and open to feedback.
- Teamwork: ability to interact effectively with others, manage relationships.
A bachelor’s degree and two years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Must have a basic understanding of employment practices and regulations. Must be able to respectfully handle highly confidential information. Human Resources certification (PHR or SHRM-CP) is a plus. Possess expertise with Windows OS, Microsoft Word & Excel, Firefox, and other computer applications. Previous experience with an HRIS is a plus. Customer service skills are required. The ideal candidate must be able to operate in an entrepreneurial, small company environment with the ability to adjust as needed.
The HR Administrator will spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers. The HR Administrator may be located in a busy, open area office, and will be faced with regular interruptions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
To apply: https://www.leepfrog.com/careers/