EASTERN IOWA HUMAN RESOURCE ASSOCIATION
The EIHRA website accepts advertisements for HR openings for a nominal fee of $100/opening. To advertise, send an E-mail, include your name, company name, billing address, and information about the opening.
The position will remain posted for 30 days and will automatically be included in the next issue of the Eye on EIHRA Newsletter. To close the position before the 30 days expires, e-mail the website to make the request.
Human Resources Business Partner – Workplace Solutions with TransAmerica
Job Description Summary
Provides Human Capital Management advisory services to managers and employees of assigned business areas across multiple locations. Partners with other Human Resource (HR) Centers of Excellence, including Talent Acquisition, Training, Total Rewards Inclusion and Diversity and HR Analytics, to deliver value-added services, to the business, in alignment with organizational objectives.
Partner with all levels of management within a particular area of the business and provide day-to-day performance management guidance to management.
- Provide HR policy guidance and interpretation to managers and employees.
- Handle and resolve employee concerns, which may include investigations and escalate information to senior staff or management for guidance, as needed.
- Attend regular meetings with managers and business teams to develop an understanding of key business issues.
- Partner with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Advise in the selection and placement of internal and external talent.
- Engage and advise management on practices for Total Rewards compensation programs, work with more senior HR staff on complex situations.
- Support initiatives regarding culture, organizational change, engagement, and organizational effectiveness.
- Support or participate in cross-functional/cross-HR projects and programs for enterprise-wide or site-specific needs.
- Provides feedback on HR policies and practices.
- Support organizational design changes including acquisitions, reductions in force, and location strategy.
- Provide training/presentations for new hire orientation and routine topics. May assist in facilitating more complex topics (e.g., Performance Management, special meetings).
- Facilitate business processes, approvals, and audits in Human Resource Information System (HRIS) and other reporting tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in HR/organizational development or related business field and two years of HR generalist experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Solid knowledge of federal and state employment laws.
- Experience handling employee relations issues.
- Communication and presentation skills to facilitate projects and programs.
- Interpersonal and relationship building skills to coach and influence staff and management at all levels.
- Ability to handle ambiguous and conflicting information.
- Critical thinking skills to resolve problems and recommend solutions.
- Ability to organize and prioritize own activities.
- Flexibility to handle change and change processes in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency using MS Office tools.
- Knowledge of Workday or other HRIS tools.
- Efficiency in reporting analytics using Excel.
- Understanding of the business environment, preferably in the insurance and financial services industry.
- HR certification (e.g., PHR, SHRM-CP).
- Knowledge of change management practices and techniques.
- Occasional travel to meet with assigned client group and attend HR meetings/training.
Training Coordinator – City of Cedar Rapids (Job Closes on 2/26/2021)
Works with Human Resources and Management to identify training requirements and institutes plans for training new and existing employees.
Position Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm
Salary: $23.71/hour to Commensurate
Please visit our website to see full job details and apply: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cedarrapids/jobs/2986303/training-coordinator?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs
Posting closes February 26th, 2021 at 4:00pm CST