EASTERN IOWA HUMAN RESOURCE ASSOCIATION
The EIHRA website accepts advertisements for HR openings for a nominal fee of $100/opening. To advertise, send an E-mail, include your name, company name, billing address, and information about the opening.
The position will remain posted for 30 days and will automatically be included in the next issue of the Eye on EIHRA Newsletter. To close the position before the 30 days expires, e-mail the website to make the request.
Human Resources Business Partner
The HR Business Partner supports multiple CRST operating companies providing HR support for employees and management. Required to solidly establish themselves as an influencer to challenge the business and employees to think differently. Seen as a change agent and expected to challenge the status quo. The HR Business Partner will provide HR services in the form of organizational effectiveness, employee relations, and internal investigation support. Expected to be proficient in HR data analysis and responsible for performing root causes analysis and partnering with the business to implement and measure proactive HR solutions. This role will have a strong alignment with the business leaders to help improve employee engagement, turnover, and meet future business challenges. Develops and delivers HR training as needed.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Responsible for the HR Function in totality for their assigned Operating Company or Functional Area.
- Takes a lead position with other HR Professionals to ensure issues get routed and handled appropriately and timely for their customers.
- Understands and articulates business needs and translates them into HR solutions, strategies and tactics.
- Oversees implementation of Company Policies and Procedures for their assigned Op Co or Functional Area.
- Coach Leaders on the proper application of progressive discipline and performance management.
- Works with Talent Management to ensure employees have the necessary skills to perform their current job duties as well as future organizational requirements.
- Takes a lead role with other HR professionals to support organizational restructuring, talent management, and succession planning.
- Conduct internal investigations in response to employee allegations of discrimination or mistreatment based upon legally protected characteristics.
- Provide direction and guidance to managers regarding resolution of management and employee issues.
- Established influencer within the business to ensure value-added HR decisions are made.
- Intake issues from drivers, office staff, and management concerning sensitive matters requiring the use of diplomatic and professional interpersonal skills and routing as necessary.
- Work with team leaders to implement actions to address employee concerns such as morale, turnover, and employee engagement.
- Use data driven decisions through root cause analysis to identify actions that positively impact the business from an employee engagement perspective.
- Implement solutions for process improvements and enhancements.
- Perform administrative duties as required such as tracking all activity in the case management database and running metrics and reporting.
- May handle activities tied to Compliance, Exit Surveys, Subpoena Requests, and assorted other HR and administrative duties.
Skills & Qualifications
- 5 or more years of relevant work experience within Human Resources
- 2-3 years experience within organizational development
- Experience working within a large, complicated organization in multiple locations
- Critical/structured thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong project management skills
- Active listening skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
- SHRM- CP is highly preferred
- Proven HR experience in compliance laws, employee relations, and performance management
CRST is an EOE. Offer contingent upon successful drug test result and background screening.
Organizational Development Training Manager
Job Summary: The Learning & Organizational Development (OD) Manager has a passion for training and developing others and thrives in a fast paced, dynamic environment. This enterprise-wide influencer leads efforts to support the company vision, mission, and values through development and implementation of current, relevant, effective training curriculum. Ensures compliance with all corporate and company policies. Analyzes, develops, delivers, and evaluates development programs. The Learning & OD Manager applies expertise in coaching, performance management, front-line leadership development training, and instructional design to support the current needs of the greater CRST enterprise as well as building employee skill to meet/exceed goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build relationships and align with stakeholders to design and deliver objective based development programs focused on addressing high-impact leadership development needs to drive a culture of leadership, people development, and high-performance results.
- Design, create, develop, and deliver informal and formal learning solutions to meet organizational needs; analyze and select the most appropriate strategy, methodologies, and technologies to maximize the learning experience and impact.
- Create/maintain program collateral, to include program content and information.
- Create classroom, webinar, and eLearning content that is easily understood by the intended audience and delivered with credibility and enthusiasm.
- Present information in a way that is meaningful to the organization; use learning metrics and analytics to inform organizational decision making.
- Provide a system of support throughout the organization to foster employee skill development and a support career development (i.e. Performance Management training, Performance Review coaching, Management coaching).
- Apply excellent communication skills, including impromptu speaking, group facilitation skills, and the ability to communicate complex information in an approachable manner.
- Monitor and analyze the effectiveness of learning and development programs to create a culture of continuous development.
- Travel as required (est 25-50%), conduct some training events evenings and weekends as needed to support the audience.
Minimum Qualification Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business related area preferred; curriculum that includes learning and development coursework or modules preferred or an equivalent combination of education and experience in instructional design applying adult learning principles, policies, practices, and delivery in a complex organization
- Experience designing, developing and implementing general, supervisory and/or technical training programs.
- Experience with associated skills including analysis, instructional design, content development, and project management.
CRST is an EOE
Candidate subject to successful completion of background and drug screening.