HR Professionals: Prepare for the Future!
FEATURING · Knowledge · Tools · Collaboration · Socializing·
Using HR Analytics for HR Predictions
Presenter: Kendra Dodds
Iowa’s Plan for Workforce Readiness
Presenter: Kathy Leggett
• Understand the need and urgency for Future Ready Iowa.
• Discuss the state initiative key recommendations including skills needed now and in the
• Discuss current efforts underway to meet future needs.
• Review legislative action to date.
• Share next steps and how you can get involved.
Presenter: Jennifer Meier
- Attendees will learn about the Iowa Jobs for America’s Graduates organization and leave with an understanding of how the organization works and the goals for students in the program
- Participants will gain an understanding about the employer engagement model and how to partner in the iJAGclassroom; to utilize iJAG as a diverse workforce pipeline tool for recruiting.
- You will also connect with the Educational Specialist and have the opportunity to ask questions of the iJAG students.
Changing a Culture – Strategic HR Transformation
Presenter: Karen R. Rieck, SHRM-SCP
- This session is built for HR leaders and professionals interested in learning how to transform their HR team from compliance-centric and administrative to business-centric and strategically impactful. Grounded in 25+ years of experience in leading human resources teams, and most recently leading a team through strategic transformation, participants will receive advice, insights, and real examples of how to develop an HR function that impacts and supports business functions in a strategic and meaningful way.
Future of Equality, Diversity, Inclusion and Engagement
Presenter: Sarika Bhakta, CDE (Certified Diversity Executive)
• Define and provide an overview of Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Engagement
(EDI&E) concepts and discuss its value in a global workforce and marketplace.
• Address challenges senior leaders have to closing the gap between their commitment for
wanting change and an organization of risk-averse middle management.
• Gain a better understanding of how to help middle management value organizational
change as positive.
• Learn how to create a specific EDI&E business case for middle managers to get their
• Explore strategies to inspire and empower middle management to be advocates of driving
• Learn how to establish a workplace culture that fosters “safely questioning the status
quo” to drive business agility and innovation.