This position supports Mercy’s philosophy of patient centered care by providing talent acquisition services and Human Resources guidance to internal and external customers in a timely, accurate, consistent, compassionate, and respectful manner. This position promotes Mercy as the employer of choice by offering high quality services in the area of recruiting and retention which exemplify the “Mercy Touch”.
Job Specific Duties/Essential Functions
- Coordinates overall talent acquisition process to ensure staffing needs are met for assigned departments.
- Recruits a pool of well-qualified candidates through timely posting of positions, advertising, sourcing and participating in career fairs.
- Establishes and fosters partnerships with schools, community partners, associations, boards, etc. to enhance talent acquisition efforts.
- Assesses and evaluates candidates based on job requirements, knowledge, skills, abilities and pre-screening processes and makes recommendations to hiring managers.
- Schedules and conducts in-person and telephone interviews to effectively screen candidates. Maintains timely documentation of candidates’ recruitment status using the applicant tracking system.
- Extends employment offers to candidates and navigates candidates throughout the onboarding process. Completes all post-offer paperwork and onboarding requirements.
- Using talent acquisition best practices, serves as a consultant and advisor to managers to hire and retain employees who are the best qualified, best fit and culturally aligned with Mercy.
- Performs human resource generalist functions and manages/assists with projects. Provides guidance to employees regarding HR policies, benefits, career counseling and employee relations issues. Positively represents the HR team and Mercy through timely and accurate communication.
- Administers HR functions while ensuring both internal and external compliance standards are met including regulations, accreditation requirements and employment laws.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Talent acquisition and human resource generalist skills
- Computer skills, including Microsoft products, and HRIS
- Good organizational/time management skills, with the ability to work productively in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment
- Ability to effectively interact and work collaboratively with both and internal customers, and to represent Mercy in a positive manner
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in talent acquisition required.
- Health care experience preferred.
- HR generalist experience preferred.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, business or related field required. Human Resources certification preferred.
To learn more about this opportunity or to apply visit: www.mercycare.org/employment
Mercy Medical Center
701 10th St. SE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52403