Dexter Services Inc.
Human Resources Manager
Job Profile Summary
Responsible for all HR functions associated with related entities, to include recruiting, benefit
administration, employee relations, leaves, payroll and special projects. Strategically aligns long
and short term HR goals with the business needs of all related companies and is responsible for
the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the HR function. Provides strategic
vision and direction.
The manager of Human Resources is responsible for all HR functions associated with all related
entities. The Manager of Human Resources will strategically align long and short term Human
Resource goals with the business needs of all related companies and is responsible for the overall
administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resource function. This position reports
directly to the President.
- Reviews and makes recommendations to executive management for development of the company’s policies, procedures and practices on all HR matters.
- Responsible for all employment programs and policies including manpower planning, administration of unemployment compensation, recruitment, interviewing, placement and orientation. Also develops and administers procedures related to promotions, transfers, leaves of absence and maintenance of personnel records.
- Administers and monitors the process for performance evaluations and merit reviews. Maintain records of job descriptions and administrative transactions for all employees. Works with President and management team in regards to any staffing changes in the workforce. Work with management to maintain consistency in all matters related to the discipline of employees.
- Coordinate the administration of employee health and benefit programs, including ACA reporting, keeping employees informed of all changes in HR policies. Counsel employees on HR and work-related problems. Assist in the solutions and appropriate adjustments to complaints received and develop, recommend, and implement HR policies and procedures. Prepare and maintain handbook on policies and procedures.
- Maintains an understanding of federal, state, and local laws and regulations that apply to the administration of Human Resources programs to ensure compliance and recognize areas that need expert guidance. Facilitate and investigate any employee issues related to discrimination and harassment in accordance with Company policy or law. Maintain labor law notices to meet compliance requirements, prepare and respond to EEOC related charges, work to prepare any position statements and evidence as required. Meet the OSHA requirements and environmental compliance laws in the states where our businesses are located. Workers compensation administration for all employees.
- Manages the training, coaching and development of all employees at all levels.
- Manage the payroll reporting process.
- Perform support role on DAHI Corporate initiatives as assigned; including acquisition due diligence and integration, strategic initiatives and HR Council.
- Take ownership in our business results and your personal wellness.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Essential Education, Licenses, Certifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or equivalent combination of professional training or work experience.
- 5 – 7 years of HR Generalist skills.