Director of Human Resources ~ Collegiate Hotel Group
Director of Human Resources
Graduate Iowa City Hotel
210 S Dubuque St, Iowa City, IA 52240
Title: Human Resources Director
Schedule: Full time
Category: Human Resources
As a strategic partner to operations, the HRD aligns business objectives with employees and management in designated markets. Serves as a consultant to Operations on HR related issues. Acts as employee champion, change agent and culture ambassador. Executes organizational initiatives in alignment with HR goals and business objectives. Assesses and anticipates HR-related needs and employee issues. Communicates needs proactively with the HR function and Operations. Formulates partnerships across HR and Operations to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflect the business objectives and values of the organization.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consult with Operations providing HR guidance as appropriate.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Serve as a policy expert to assist Operations management in adherence of company policies, processes and practices.
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues.
- Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Leads recruiting and talent management efforts for Operations to ensure effective, efficient and legally compliant processes; trains managers to recruit and assess talent consistently, effectively and in accordance with company guidelines.
- Coordinates onboarding activities for new managers, as well as facilitation, consultation and guidance for all employee status changes including but not limited to promotions, pay changes, transfers, leaves of absence, disciplinary actions, off-boarding and unemployment related matters.
- Analyze trends and metrics in partnership with HR function to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Provides day to day performance management guidance and consultation to Operations (coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Provides HR guidance to Operations and delivers training as defined by HR and Operations.
- Partners closely with Operations to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and employee retention.
- Provide guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning, performance management, and succession planning.
- Participate in evaluation and monitoring of success of HR programs. Follow-up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Actively participate in HR meetings to ensure deployment and process consistency in the field.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business administration or related field
- Minimum of 3 years progressive human resources generalist experience.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including recruiting, talent management, training, compensation practices, performance management, culture development, employee and union relations, federal and state respective employment laws.
- Multi-unit hospitality experience
- Professional Human Resources (PHR) certification preferred
- Proficient in HR information systems, preferably ADP
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge and deep understanding of all aspects of human resources and hotel operations
- Strong conflict management and consultation skills
- Promotes an atmosphere of teamwork with the ability to lead by example
- Builds morale and spirit while instilling an industry leading guest service attitude in all associates
- Strong customer service orientation and interpersonal communication skills
- “Hands-on” leadership approach to management and team development
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Must be objective and approachable and able to balance support of management while acting as employee champion
- Positive presence and command skills
- Ability to travel up to 20-25% of time
Collegiate Hotel Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply, please email your resume.