Position: Employee Engagement Specialist
Department: Human Resources
Status: Full-Time, Exempt
With offices in Cedar Falls, Cedar Rapids, Coralville, Waverly, and West Des Moines, The Accel Group is one of Iowa’s largest independent insurance agencies. We have a strong history of over 90 years in the business, and we pride ourselves on providing customized solutions to individuals and businesses across the state. Our dedicated team offers a professional approach and personal touch to meet each customer’s unique needs. Products and services include Personal Insurance, Business Insurance, Risk Management, Employee Benefits, AgriBusiness Insurance, and Wealth Management Services.
The Employee Engagement Specialist will work closely with the Director of Human Resources and be responsible for building and sustaining an engaging, inclusive, and empowering workplace culture. This includes developing, implementing, and managing employee engagement initiatives that cross all teams, departments, and locations.
- Research, recommend, and implement programs to help positively influence organizational culture and to ultimately retain top talent.
- Develop an annual employee engagement plan and budget that aligns with agency objectives and financial resources.
- Develop metrics to collect and analyze data to determine which engagement activities are succeeding and which ones need to be reevaluated.
- Manage the overall recruitment process and strategy for the agency. This includes proactively engaging with prospective candidates to build a network of top talent.
- Connect with local high schools, colleges, and universities to build successful co-op, internship, and recruitment programs for different areas within the agency.
- Develop and manage an employee onboarding process that promotes the agency’s culture and sets new employees up for success.
- Champion the Fun Club, Culture Committee, and DE&I Committee, and ensure all initiatives and activities align with the agency’s overall goals and objectives.
- Assist the Director of Human Resources with developing and implementing a formal training program for both employees and supervisors.
- Work closely with the Marketing Team to develop creative and engaging staff communications, materials, and newsletter content.
- Assist the Leadership Team with staff communications and feedback opportunities. This includes team huddles, agency update meetings, engagement surveys, etc.
- Develop and manage reward and recognition programs that align with the agency’s overall employee engagement efforts.
- Assist supervisors with their individual team recognition and engagement activities.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Communication, Marketing, Organizational Development, or another related field is preferred.
- Experience in the functions of human resources, employee engagement, communication, marketing, organizational development, or another related field is preferred.
- Must be willing and able to travel to different office locations throughout Iowa as needed.
- Must possess the ability to organize and prioritize a variety of projects and tasks in an effective and timely manner.
- Must have a strong attention to detail and be able to maintain accuracy in work.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively using both written and verbal methods.
- Must have strong computer skills, including Microsoft programs, the Internet, and social media platforms.
- Must have the ability to utilize basic office equipment, such as a computer, telephone, printer, copier, and fax machine.
Benefits Package Includes:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Life and disability insurance
- Accident, critical illness, and hospital indemnity insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Health savings account
- 401k retirement plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness reimbursements
- Paid expenses toward certifications and professional development
- Discounts on personal insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid volunteer hours
- Paid bereavement
- Paid holidays
- Casual dress code
- Flexible schedule
- Remote work options
For more information about The Accel Group or to submit an application, please visit our website.