We are excited to announce our new meeting schedule, designed to better meet your needs for 2024!!
|2024 EIHRA MEETING SCHEDULE
The EIHRA meetings will go to a mix of Virtual (zoom) and In-Person. This came from member feedback, and a membership vote, on balancing drivel time, the day of week and still getting those great in-person opportunities to connect with other HR professionals in the area!
Eastern Iowa Human Resources Jobs
Kirkwood Community College as an opening for a Talent Acquisition Coordinator
JOB GOAL:To advance the college’s mission, vision, principles, values and strategic initiatives through continuous improvement decisions.
Work Schedule : Monday to Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm with 1 day remote and a generous amount of time off (details can be discussed during the interview)
Please submit your application by 18th of December for initial consideration. This position will be open until filled.
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
The Talent acquisition coordinator will assist the Talent Acquisition team in the hiring process. This position will continuously evaluate and develop strategies that align with the college’s strategic plan.
UNIVERSAL CORE COMPETENCIES:
- Advocate for Continual Improvement- empowering each other to identify opportunities for excellence.
- Collaborate with Mutual Accountability- working together with a willingness to take ownership and account for our actions.
- Champion Service- anticipating needs and create a welcoming, diverse, and inclusive environment.
- Perseverance- commitment to excellence even in the face of adversity or delay in achieving success.
- Lead- regardless of title, through positive influence.
- Ensure that position postings are created and posted in an accurate and timely manner.
- Oversee the applicant tracking system and support staff and applicants as needed.
- Assist managers and committees in the hiring process.
- Market KCC to prospective applicants and organize and/or attend career fairs or other events.
- Respond to applicants in a timely manner.
- Assist in the new hire paperwork process as needed.
- Backup processes such as I9s, phone, walkins, and background checks.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be a self-motivated, energetic, and creative individual with the ability to solve problems.
- Possess good judgment in making decisions, often with limited input from the supervisor.
- Be able and willing to represent the College in a positive and professional manner.
- Proficient knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office software.
- Work effectively and accurately in an atmosphere of frequent interruptions.
- Be positive and helpful under the pressure of deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills with a high degree of accuracy in written and oral communications.
- The ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong organization and multitasking skills.
- Ability to read and understand complex written and verbal instructions.
- Must be accurate and detail oriented.
The statements contained herein reflect general details as necessary to describe the essential job duties/responsibilities and performance expectations of the job, which should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES WITH/WITHOUT REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION:
Position involves working in an office setting. Occasional (10-33%) standing, pushing, pulling and grasping. Frequent (34-66%) reaching and viewing a computer and other types of close visual work. Constant (67-100%) sitting, walking, repetitive motion, talking and hearing.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1 year of prior Human Resource experience
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, OR REGISTRATIONS:
- Prior experience in higher education.
Kirkwood Community College shall not engage in nor allow unlawful discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment. This includes all employment practices, hiring practices, and unwelcome harassment of applicants or employees based on race, color, national origin, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information or actual or potential parental, family, marital status or veteran status. If you have questions or complaints related to compliance with the policy please contact the Vice President of Human Resources at Kirkwood Community College, 313 Kirkwood Hall, 6301 Kirkwood Blvd., SW, Cedar Rapids, IA 52404, Telephone: 319-398-5572, Email: equity@Kirkwood.edu or the director of the Office for Civil Rights U.S. Department of Education, John C. Kluczynski Federal Building, 230 S. Dearborn Street, 37th Floor, Chicago, IL 60604-7204, Telephone: (312) 730-1560 Facsimile: (312) 730-1576, TDD (800) 877-8339 Email: OCR.Chicago@ed.gov.
Creating a collaborative community to serve HR practitioners and further their professional development.
To be the most reliable resource for HR practitioners and the most relevant voice of our profession in our community.
EIHRA is an affiliate of our national organization, the Society of Human Resource Management. Membership in EIHRA is around 200 members and growing. Membership is offered to both national SHRM members and members who wish to belong on a “local only” basis. It is a great benefit to belong to both the local and national organization.
Welcome to our newest EIHRA members!
We are so glad you are here.
- Sarah McMillan
- Donna Williams-Colony Heating
We are an affiliate of the Society for Human Resource Management. Whether you are new to the HR field or have many years of experience, we are a local starting point for networking, information, professional development and continued support of excellence in Human Resources.
We welcome your use of this site as a resource, and encourage you to check back frequently for updated information. We also encourage your involvement and suggestions about all of our activities, on the web and off.
We look forward to seeing you at an upcoming meeting or event!
EIHRA offers anything from legislative updates to how to get connected with area students studying human resources.
If you can’t find something on our website, please don’t hesitate to contact us.